If you think you are approaching menopause or are perimenopausal, it’s time to begin caring for yourself afresh!
- Take care of yourself and your emotions. It can be a hard time, confusing too. You want to be nice to faces around you but all that seeps out is anger. You’ve lived in the same city you have come to love half your life and suddenly it feels like the most boring place to reside in. It’s hot all the time, weight gain isn’t fiction anymore and you don’t feel like you. Relax. Take time out for yourself, indulge in shopping, good books and massages. Exercise atleast 40 minutes 4-5 times a week and buy new lipstick. You need to spend time with yourself and cut the pace a bit.
- You may experience weight gain. Take a fresh look at the food on your plate. Anything that comes out of gay coloured packaging cannot find place there. Load it with fresh vegetables, a handful of crunchy fats (the nuts!!), home cultured yoghurt, whole grains (experiment! try sticky rice, polenta, red rice, millets, barley, etc), seed and nut cooking oils, dark chocolate and cheese.
- Review your supplements, you may be estrogen dominant or high on cortisol. You may be going through adrenal fatigue or hypothyroidism. There maybe inflammation or instability of blood sugar levels. Your gut maybe playing havoc. There’s a solution, always! Visit your medical practitioner or alternative therapist and find solutions through the right supplements. Evening primrose oil, Vit E, Zinc, Vit D, wheat grass powder, garlic extracts, parsley and fennel water, Curcumin, choice of sea vegetables and omega 3 are amongst my top choices!
- Probiotics are a blessing. We are all connected, with each other yes, but here I was talking about our ingenious body. There is a strong, invisible, embodied line that connects each one of our organs. And one takes care of the other. Where is 90% of the neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin that promote wellness for our mind produced? Voila! In our gut! So take care of your gut and it takes care of our happy spirit! Natural probiotics come in the form of cultured yoghurt, pickled veggies, fermented fruit, lacto fermented salsa all of which can be churned out from our traditional kitchen. And then of course there are the more glorified names like miso, kefir, tempeh kamboocha, etc if you manage to find them! Whichever you choose, choose, choose to eat some every single day.
- Lastly, sleep well, make new friends, travel wide and reach out to loved ones. Do everything that makes you feel good.
Perimenopause is a phase that each and every woman will find far behind herself in time. And on the other side is the brighter side of life, a life free of pads and tampoons and worry of cramps and PMS.
Menopause is the time to love life all over again, to celebrate the woman in you who is achieved, who is proud of the memories she has created, who is brave enough to view a difference in her life.
Just view menopause with positivity, the right spirit and the right arms to help you embrace it without dampening your altitude!
Any questions? you can mail in your quieries to email@example.com